White Cashew Gazpacho
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooling Time: 2 Hours
125g cashews (soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained)
375g crusty white bread
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tsp sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
60ml olive oil
1 tbsp chilli oil
Sea salt, to taste
3 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional, for serving)
Handful of fresh herbs (optional, for serving)
- 1.Place the cashews and 230ml (1 cup) of the water into a blender. Purée until the nuts are thick, smooth and creamy.
- 2.Add the remaining water, bread, garlic, salt, vinegar and olive oil.
- 3.Blend until smooth, adding additional water if needed to get your desired consistency.
- 4.Transfer to a soup container and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 5.To serve, divide the soup between 4 bowls then drizzle with chilli oil. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and herbs for the pièce de résistance.