Turkey and Chicken Pot Pie
On the fourth day of Christmas, Belling gave to me… Turkey and chicken pot pie. This pie is full of flavour and a great winter-warmer, which will have you coming back for seconds.
- Serves: 6
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1.5 Hours
- 6 sheets filo pastry, 30x25cm
- 95g butter
- 2 large leeks, roughly sliced
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 50ml sherry
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1.5tsp wholegrain mustard
- 300g cooked turkey, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 300g cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250g cooked ham chunks
- 2tbso tarragon, roughly chopped
- 200ml single cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and pepper, to season
- Melt 45g butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the leeks, orange juice, orange zest and sherry.
- Cover and cook for 6 minutes until the leeks are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat until the liquid has reduced to a few spoonfuls of buttery liquid.
- Add in the flour over the leeks and mix to combine. Gradually stir in the stock and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the mustard, turkey, ham and chicken. Stir to ensure the meat is fully coated.
- Next, add the tarragon, cream and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Transfer the pie filling and sauce into a 1.5 litre dish and allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining 50g butter in a small pan. Unroll the filo pastry and cover with a clean, damp tea towel.
- Lay a single sheet on a board and brush with a little butter.
- Roughly scrunch up the pastry and add on top of the pie filling mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining filo sheets until the pie is covered.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the filo is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve up and enjoy whilst hot.