Strawberry Lattice Pie
- 300g plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 375g thick strawberry jam
- Preheat oven on intensive bake function at 160°C.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, then add the butter, (which has been softened to room temperature) and work it into the flour using your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest and pinch of salt. Work all the ingredients together and roll into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let pastry rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease a 24cm loose base flan pan. Roll out 2/3 pastry to 1cm thick and cover the bottom and sides
- Spread tart base with jam.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 8 x 1.5cm strips. Arrange pastry strips on top of jam, creating a criss-cross pattern on top of the tart.
- Bake in a 160ºC oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tart tin.
If using a food processor: process flour, sugar, lemon zest, pinch of salt and cold butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. While the processor is operating add egg yolks, one by one, until pastry comes together. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and rest for 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes