Spicy Asian infused chicken
- 1 roasting chicken, raw
- 1 heaped tbsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 heaped tbsp Brown sugar, soft dark
- 1 heaped tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp Paprika, smoked
- 1 heaped tsp sea salt
- 1 Olive oil
- ¾ full can of beer or chicken stock if using infuser
- 2 tbsp Barbecue sauce Garnish
- 1 Chilli, fresh red
- 1 Chillies, dried red
- 1/2 bunch fresh Coriander,
- 1 bunch Spring onions
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 160° fan function.
- 2. Process the seeds and spices into a powder. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and then rub in the herbs and spices, massaging into the skin.
- 3. Pour liquid of your choice into the infuser bowl, ¾ full and place into a baking pan. Put the infuser rack over the bowl and gently ease the chicken onto the rack. If using beer can, tip out a 1/3 of the beer ( or drink it) insert the can into the chicken cavity and rest the can and chicken on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for about 70 to 90 minutes depending on size of the chicken.
- 4. Brush the barbeque sauce gently over the chicken and cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is dark and sticky.
- 5. Meanwhile slice the spring onion, finely slice the chilli and pick coriander leaves from the stem and set aside for garnish. Slice the chicken and scatter over the garnish to serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes