Salmon & Chorizo Skewers
- 2 -3 pieces middle cut salmon fillet, deboned and skinless
- 1 - 2 chorizo sausage depending on size
- 225g castor sugar
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum Marinade
- 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1. Set your multifunction oven to 210°C on a Fan Grill function. Line the baking dish with baking paper and place the skewer stand on top of the paper.
- 2. Cut each piece of salmon into roughly 3 x 3 cm pieces. Use between 4 and 5 squares per skewer ( depending on what you can fit on). Cut your squares from the thickest part of the fillet, reserving the thinner sections for another dish.
- 3. Cut the chorizo into slices, approx. 1 cm thick, enough slices for at least two per skewer.
- 4. Cut the red and green pepper into same size pieces as the salmon and chorizo
- 5. Assemble the skewers, alternating salmon, chorizo and capsicum ensuring you leave enough room for the skewer to rest on the stand. Brush each skewer with the marinade and set the skewers onto the stand and place in the oven about 20cm from the grill element. Fan grill for 7 – 8 minutes depending on thickness of the salmon.
- 6. Serve with some fresh chopped parsley and a salad of your choice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes