Mojito Mint Green Pancakes
Savoury Pancakes with Matcha Crème Fraiche and Basil Oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
200g peas, blanched and cooled
2 spring onions, diced
150g fresh basil
100ml olive oil
150g crème fraiche
3 tsp matcha powder
For the pancake batter:
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 large free-range egg
- 1.Add a drizzle of olive oil to a saucepan and wilt the spinach. Once cooled, blitz to a smooth purée and set aside.
- 2.In another small pan, cook the fresh basil in olive oil over a low heat.
- 3.Next, add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and milk and gradually pour into the flour mixture, whisking continuously until smooth.
- 4.Whisk in the spinach purée and fold in the blanched and cooled peas. Set aside.
- 5.Take the basil oil off the heat and set aside. Meanwhile, mix the matcha powder and crème fraiche together.
- 6.Heat a large frying pan with a splash of olive oil on a medium heat. Take a large ladle and gently pour in the pancake batter to form a circular shape. Once you see air bubbles popping through, flip the pancake and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 7.Meanwhile, blitz the basil oil and pass through a fine sieve into a jug, ready to drizzle onto the pancakes.
- 8.Stack up the pancakes, spoon over a large dollop of matcha crème fraiche, pour on the basil oil and finish with a sprinkle of diced spring onion.