Mini Fruit Mince Pies
- 375g high quality fruit mince
- 220g plain flour, sifted
- 45g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 125g unsalted butter, diced
- Milk, to glaze
- Stir the fruit mince to ensure any liquid is evenly distributed. Lightly butter a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor, and using the pulse button integrate until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- On low speed, slowly mix in the egg. Take the mixture out of the processor and bring it together with your hands. Cover in cling wrap and chill for an hour.
- Roll out the chilled pastry onto a well floured surface. Cut out 12 circles with a fluted pastry cutter, large enough to fill the bottom and walls of each hole in the muffin tray. Press gently into each hole, then fill evenly with the fruit mince.
- Cut out 12 smaller pastry circles and use to cover the fruit mince. Press the edges together with a fork to seal. Make a small slit at the top, then brush lightly with milk. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- While chilling, preheat your Belling oven to 200°C in a conventional function, or 180°C fanned. Bake the pies for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
TIP: Bake up to 3 months in advance, and store undecorated, cooked pies in the freezer. They can also be stored in the fridge inside an airtight container for up to a week.Makes 12 pies
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
This recipe and 11 more were cooked all at once in a Belling Richmond. Check to see how we did it.