Garlic Cream with Wild mushrooms on Toasted Brioche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
200g wild mushrooms
1 bulb garlic
4 slices brioche
150ml double cream
Knob of butter
1tsp gravy browning for colour
- 1.Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- 2.Trim the top off the garlic bulb to reveal the clove tops. Place on a baking tray, brush with oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- 3.Prepare your mushrooms. Brush free from soil and cut into slices or halves as you prefer.
- 4.Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil. Fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 5.In the same frying pan, add the double cream and season generously with salt and black pepper. Remove the garlic bulb from the oven and squeeze out the flesh before adding into the pan.
- 6.Whisk the ingredients together, adding in the gravy browning and incorporate until the cream is brown.
- 7.Compile the dish by adding the mushrooms onto toasted brioche. Spoon over the garlic cream and season with a pinch of black pepper.