This warranty is provided in Australia by Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Limited ABN 69 118 275 460 of 1340 Ferntree Gully Road, Scoresby, VIC 3179 (Phone number 1300 556 816) in respect of the Belling product which a warranty card has been included in the packaging for or otherwise supplied with the Belling product.
1. Belling Express Warranty
Subject to the exclusions below, we warrant that the Belling product will not have any electrical or mechanical breakdowns within:
- a) in the case of Belling products used for personal, domestic or household purposes, a period of 3 years (AU) from the date the Belling product is purchased as a brand new product from a retailer located in Australia; and
- b) in the case of Belling products used for purposes other than personal, domestic or household purposes (including business or commercial use), a period of 90 days from the date the Belling product is purchased as a brand new product from a retailer located in Australia. Belling Products are designed and intended for domestic use only.
This express warranty is personal to the first person who acquires the Belling product from the relevant retailer and claims under this warranty cannot be made by anyone other than this person.
The benefits conferred by this express warranty are in addition to the Consumer Guarantees referred to in section 3 and any other statutory rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law and/or other applicable laws.
2. Warranty exclusions
This express warranty does not apply where:
- a) the Belling product has been installed, used or operated otherwise than in accordance with the product manual or other similar documentation provided to you with the Belling product;
- b) the Belling product requires repairs due to damage resulting from accident, misuse, incorrect installation, improper liquid spillage, cleaning or maintenance, unauthorised modification, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories or exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- c) the repair relates to the replacement of consumable parts such as fuses in plugs and bulbs or any other parts of the Belling product which require routine replacement;
- d) you are unable to provide us with reasonable proof of purchase for the Belling product;
- e) the breakdown occurs after the expiry of the express warranty period set out in section 1; or
- f) the Belling product was not purchased in Australia as a brand new product.
3. Consumer guarantees
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
4. How to make a claim
You may make a claim under this warranty through our website, contacting our customer care line on 1300 556 816 or visiting a Glen Dimplex service centre.
To make a valid claim under this warranty, you must:
- a) lodge the claim with us as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after you first become aware of the breakdown;
- b) provide us with the Belling product serial number;
- c) provide us with reasonable proof of purchase for the Belling product; and
- d) if required by us, provide us (or any person nominated by us) with access to the premises at which the Belling product is located at times nominated by us (so that we can inspect the Belling product).
5. Warranty claims
If you make a valid claim under this warranty and none of the exclusions set out in section 2 apply, we will, at our election, either repair the Belling product or replace the Belling product with a product of identical specification (or where the product is superseded or no longer in stock, with a product of as close a specification as possible).
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Belling products are designed and supplied for normal domestic use. We will not be liable to you under this warranty for business loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
6. Costs of warranty claim
Where you make a claim under this warranty, a Glen Dimplex authorised repairer may need to attend your premises to inspect the Belling product. For Belling products located in Australia, we may charge you a service call fee if a repairer will be required to travel more than 30 kilometres from the nearest Glen Dimplex service centre to your location. You may obtain details on the location of our service centres and our service call fees by calling our customer care line on 1300 556 816 in Australia.