Spiced Quinoa Pilaf with Corn and Broccoli
- 1 Tblsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed under cold water and drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 100g broccoli florets
- 1 small can corn kernals, drained very well and dried on paper towel
- 2 Tblsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves whole for garnish
- Low fat yoghurt to serve
- 1 Tblsp currants
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, stirring for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, add quinoa and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and place broccoli on top, cover and simmer for a further 4 minutes.
- In a small frypan, add a little olive oil, and sauté the dried corn kernels on a medium/ high heat.
- Add a little salt, and cook until just starting to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the quinoa mixture has cooled slightly, toss through the corn and chopped coriander.
- Top with yoghurt (or serve seperately), add extra coriander leaves for garnish.