Peanut & Coriander Chicken Satay
Coriander chicken skewers
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps ground turmeric
- 2 tsps garlic, freshly crushed
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Tblsp red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsps tamarind paste
- 2 tsps lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tsps garlic, feshly crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tblsp palm sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 375ml water
- 2 Tblsps soy sauce
- Preheat your Belling oven to 200°C in fanned grill function.
- Cut chicken fillets into 4-5 even strips. Combine marinade ingredients together, and coat chicken for at least 45 minutes. Soak skewers in water while chicken is marinating.
- Saute onion, garlic and chillies for 3 minutes over medium heat (level 5-6 in induction). Stir in lemongrass, tamarind, palm sugar and kaffir lime leaves and saute for 2 more minutes. Add peanut butter and combine well over heat. Pour in water, stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce to the peanut sauce mix and turn heat down to low. If using induction, keep warm on level 2.
- Thread chicken onto soaked skewers. Cover exposed end of skewers with foil to prevent them from burning. Place prepared skewers on a rack over a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake in fanned grill for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken skewers with peanut sauce and cucumber salad.