- 2 sheets puffed pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup Nutella or hazelnut spread
- 1 medium egg, beaten with a tsp of water
- ¼ cup almond flakes (optional)
- Preheat your Belling oven to 220°C in a conventional function, or 200°C fanned. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and cut each pastry sheet into 9 even squares.
- Take a square and place on a diagonal. Put a spoonful of Nutella in the middle third of the square, and brush the top third with egg wash. Roll up enclosing the Nutella, and transfer onto the lined baking sheet making sure the joint is at the bottom. Repeat for all remaining squares.
- Brush over the rolled pastries with some egg wash, and if adding some almonds, sprinkle them on top. Place inside the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool down. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.