Never Fail Scones
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 Tblsps cornflour
- 2 Tblsps sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 300ml cream
- 100ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tblsps milk
- Raspberry jam, to serve
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat your Belling oven to 190°C in a fanned function. Line 2 baking sheets with paper and put aside.
- Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in sugar.
- In a jug, whisk cream, 100ml of milk and eggs.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Combine using a table knife. Once combined, place scone dough on a well-floured surface and gently fold together. Using the palm of your hand, flatten the dough until it has a 2cm thickness. Cut 24 scones with a floured round cutter and place them on the lined baking sheets close together.
- Brush with 3 Tblsps of milk the top of every scone. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Take trays out of the oven and cover with a tea towel. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with whipped cream and raspberry jam.