- 225g sugar
- 500ml cold water
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 300ml Moscato
- Place sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Gently simmer the syrup for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add in lemon juice and Moscato. Stir well.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn until almost frozen. Transfer to a container and freeze overnight. Alternatively freeze for 8 hours, whisking with a fork every few hours to prevent crystals.
- Serve straight from the freezer.Garnish with lemon rind.
- Tip: Try using different types of wines to create alternative flavours.
Serves 12 adults