Mixed Berry Cakes
- 90g butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp grated lemon rind
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup frozen/ fresh mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan force function.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Mix through lemon rind.
- Mix together the flour and almond meal and fold through butter mixture.
- Spoon into small loaf tins or 12 cup muffin tin, (do not over fill - ⅔ full is perfect).
- Scatter berries over batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes