Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
- ½ leg of cooked ham (approx. 4.5 Kg)
- 24-28 whole cloves
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 5 Tblsps honey
- 2 Tblsps Dijon mustard
- Preheat your Belling oven to 190°C in a conventional function, or 170°C fanned. Place ham in a large ovenproof dish or use a foil disposable roasting dish.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the skin of the ham, leaving an even layer of fat. Score the fat on top and sides in a criss-cross 'diamond' pattern.
- Place a clove in the centre of each diamond. Set aside.
- Combine juice, sugar, honey and mustard in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved, then simmer for 15 minutes or until glaze has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Gently brush ham with the glaze and cook for 30 minutes, basting at least twice more while cooking. Repeat a couple of times until the glaze begins to caramelise and brown.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before carving. Glaze ham again just prior to serving.
Preparation time: 55 minutes
Cooking time: Up to 2 hours
This recipe and 11 more were cooked all at once in a Belling Richmond. Check here to see how we did it.