Goose and Cranberry Sausage Rolls
On the sixth day of Christmas, Belling gave to me… Goose and cranberry sausage rolls. These perfect pastry parcels make for a great appetizer and guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
- Makes: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 225g leftover cooked goose
- 1tbsp cranberry jelly
- ½ tbsp plain flour
- 10g dried cranberries
- 15g pecan nuts, chopped
- 188g puff pastry, ready rolled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a food processor, blitz the goose meat, cranberry jelly and flour.
- Add the cranberries and pecan nuts. Pulse quickly to combine the ingredients but still maintain their texture.
- Next, unravel the pastry and cut in halve lengthways.
- Mould the filling mixture into 2 sausage strips and lay one on each strip of pastry.
- Brush the egg onto the sides of the pastry.
- Fold one side of the pastry, wrapping the filling inside then use a fork to seal the join.
- With a sharp knife, cut both long rolls into 12 equal pieces and lay them out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Brush the remaining egg yolk over the top and side of each roll.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve warm with cranberry chutney.