Fruit Mince and Frangipane Tart
- 2 sheets of good quality puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with a little water
- 375g of dried mixed fruits
- 75ml Brandy (or orange juice)
- 100ml water
- Pinch of ground clove
- 80g butter, softened
- 100g Icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g almond meal
- 1 Tblsp flour
- Soak the mixed fruit in brandy/orange juice and ground clove overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C and line a large tray with greaseproof paper.
- Using a round plate as a liner (approx. 25cm wide) to cut around the pastry sheets to make 2 large circles. And refrigerate until ready to use
- Drain the mixed fruit from the liquid and blend in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the frangipane, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, almond meal and flour and whisk until just combined.
- On one piece of pastry spread the mixed fruit puree ensuring a 2 cm border is left. Spoon over the frangipane and careful spread with a spatula. Top with the other piece of pastry and seal the edge by pressing with your fingers and a fork. Brush pastry all over with the egg wash and bake in the oven for 40 – 60 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving and sprinkle with sieved icing sugar. Can be seaved cold.