Five-Spice Chicken Drumsticks
On the twelfth day of Christmas, Belling gave to me… Five-spice chicken drumsticks. Serve up these sweet and sticky drumsticks that are marinated in oriental spices and roasted to perfection.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1kg chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2tbso fresh ginger, grated
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2tbso soy sauce
- 2tso five-spice powder
- 2tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- For the marinade combine the oil, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, five-spice and honey in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken and using your hands, mix to ensure it’s all coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the drumsticks to a roasting tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the skin is golden, and the juices run clear.
- Serve hot with rice or a winter salad for an ideal mid-week meal.