Decadent Super Moist Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1½ cups milk
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 6 Tblsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate buttercream frosting or chocolate ganache
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, for decoration (optional)
- Ferrero Rocher and/or chocolate bites, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your Belling oven to 180°C in a conventional function, or 160°C fanned. Grease and flour a 13x9" baking pan or 2 9" round pans.
- In a bowl, sift together the cocoa, bicarb soda, flour and salt. Put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer on medium, beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one, mixing well in between. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture, beating well. Add some milk and continue mixing. Repeat until all the flour and milk are in.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan(s).
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake to check if it comes out fairly clean, which means the cake is ready.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow to cool down before removing from the pan(s).
- When completely cooled, top with icing/ganache and decorate with hazelnuts, Ferrero Rochers and/or chocolate bites.
- Slice and serve.