Creamy Spiced Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tblsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped to the same size
- 4½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
- Fresh dill or pepitas for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low. Add all the aromatic ingredients, except for the garlic. Saute, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute another few minutes.
- Add the sustenance ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer carefully to a blender. Blend on high (allowing steam to vent) for a few minutes, until silky and smooth.
- Transfer back to the soup pot and stir in the coconut milk and vinegar. Bring back to heat over low, ensuring it doesn't boil.