Citrus Salmon on Lemon Crostini
- 1 Filet of fresh salmon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tblsp of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ lime, sliced very thinly
- 1 tblsp baby capers
- 1 tsp of green peppercorns
- Few sprigs of chervil to garnish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Chop the salmon coarsely place in a plastic or glass bowl, add lemon juice and allow to marinate for one hour.
- Drain well and gently toss with capers, lime slices, peppercorns and chervil.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut rounds from the bread, or cut into quarters.
- Mix oil and lemon juice and brush one side of the bread and bake in a hot oven 3 – 5 min.
- When ready to serve, pile the salmon on the toasts and serve.
Makes 8 - 10 pieces