- 2½ cups couscous
- 1 lemon, juiced, and rind finely grated
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup frozen baby peas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 75g pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tblsps small mint leaves
- Place the couscous in a large mixing bowl. Stir in stock, oil and lemon juice and mix well. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak peas in hot water until thawed. Drain well.
- Remove plastic from couscous and fluff using a fork. Toss through peas, onion, pomegranate, pistachio, herbs and lemon rind.
- Serve in a clear bowl or dish to show the festive colours.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
This recipe and 11 more were cooked all at once in a Belling Richmond. Check here to see how we did it.